Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Eat to Live

Since starting this blog I've completely revamped my approach to weight loss and health.  I've read Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman and Super Immunity.  (not the whole books because he kind of loses me with all the science) For the last 4 days I've been doing the 6 week challenge outlined in his book with a few of my own modifications.  I just can't let go of coffee yet.  One thing at a time.  But, for the last 4 days, I've been following a plant based diet.  All the veggies and fruit I want, some nuts and seeds and a small helping of whole grains. 
I have to say that I love this!  I've always loved vegetables, but for some reason, I was reluctant to prepare them.  Knowing that I can eat all I want has kept me from feeling deprived and I can feel my taste buds are already changing to think of fruit as a dessert! This just might be the fit I was looking for.  Oh and for the record, I've lost 3 pounds in 3 days (which is probably water weight from cutting down on salt) but, I'll take it. 
I'm super excited by the fact that he quotes study after study that a plant based diet reduces and even eliminates heart disease.  At 43, my cholesterol is a bit high.  I'd love to get it checked again in 6 months to see if there is a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment